Now your members can remain in the driver seat with regard to their spending by displaying their pending transactions in online and mobile channels. Your credit union can provide excellent member experiences by allowing members to transfer cash from their credit card to their checking or savings account.
Now you have a digital channel to retrieve and update override limit details for an account based on the card number. For your debit or in-house credit account, Override Limits can be set for Withdrawals, Purchases/ Returns, Deposits/ Payments, Transfers, Cash Back, and Unlimited Availability.
Use this API to set override limits on your debit or in-house credit card number or view pending transactions, remove a pending transaction, or authorize a cash advance on a credit card.
The following endpoints are consumable with this API:
- /omaha/authorizations.get: View pending transactions (authorizations) that are holding available credit on an account on the Omaha platform.
- /omaha/authorization-result.get: Query a decision for an authorization (cash advance) request. This API requires the ‘reference number’ (ar_d_ref_nmbr) from the omaha/authorizations/cash-advance endpoint in order to run.
- /omaha/authorizations/adjustment: Remove a pending transaction (authorization) in order to release available credit on an account.
- /omaha/authorizations/cash-advance: Hold available cash funds on a credit card in order to provide cash to a member.
- /connex/authorization-override.get: Obtain the data for all available override limits that have been set on a specific card number on the Connex platform.
- /connex/authorization-override POST: Add a new override limit threshold for a specific override limit type on a card that exists on the Connex platform.
- /connex/authorization-override PUT: Update an existing override limit threshold for a specific override limit type for a card that exists on the Connex platform.
- /connex/authorization-override.delete: Delete an override limit threshold from a card on the Connex platform that is currently set for a specific override limit type.
NOTE: An Account Hold is a restriction on the account to access funds for certain transactions.
- /connex/authorization-accountholds.get: Retrieve the data for all available account holds associated to a specific card and Account (DDA/SAV).
- /connex/authorization-accountholds.delete: Erase an account hold associated with a specific card and account (DDA/SAV).
- /connex/authorization-card-accountholds.get: Obtain the data for all available account holds associated to a specific card. This will include all accounts associated to that specific card.
- /connex/authorization-limitholds.delete: Remove a specific limit hold transaction on a card that is related to a specific transaction and limit type that has been met for that card.
- /connex/authorization-limitholds.get: Obtain the data for all available transactions that have a limit hold associated to a specific Card and a specific limit type set for that card. Refer to the Limit Types Table in the Authorizations API for specific Limit Type IDs.
Use Case Examples:
- Allow members to view pending transactions (authorizations) on their credit or debit card via online or mobile banking.
- Allow members the ability to define the specific timeframe with start and end dates when each override limit will be considered.
- Inquire about an authorization request decision pending on an account informing the member whether the transaction amount was approved, declined or delayed.
- View any existing override limits for a cardholder's account such as Total Activity Limit.
- Obtain current account holds or authorizations on their account so members may dispute with a merchant any unexpired merchant-set holds after-purchase, like hotel incidental holds still pending on an account over a week after check-out.
- Query any authorizations pending on their debit card for their records and future financial planning like a car rental security deposit placed on a debit card at pick-up in lieu of the member not having a credit card.
- Show a list of pending transactions on an account for lost or stolen card reporting.
- Remove a pending transaction (authorization) at a merchant's request to increase available credit on an account.
- Authorize a cash advance on a credit card to provide cash to a member at a teller line or via funds transfer to a checking or savings account.
- Provide overdraft protection with a credit card as the back-up funding method.
- Adjust any POS or withdrawal limits for members to allow for transactions that exceed the daily maximum dollar amount limit amount made either in-store or online with their debit or in-house credit card.
- Request cardholder limit overrides to set the amount for deposits and payments with your checking or savings account when amounts exceed the maximum dollar amount either made in-branch or online.
- Change amount limits for transfers with your checking or savings account for any method whether via phone, in-branch, or online.
- Adjust the minimum transaction amount to allow members to make purchases on their debit or in-house credit card when restoricted by default limits.
- Raise use count limits to allow more transactions to be performed by a specific cardholder for each limit available.
- Increase the amount for the percentage immediately available of the deposit on the cardholder's debit or in-house credit card.
- Remove override limits set on your debit or in-house credit card when limit overrides can be removed and are no longer applicable to a cardholder.
- Adjust the minimum amount to transfer overdraft funds from the overdraft account to secure the cardholder's overdrawn account.
- View account holds in a cardholder's account that reserve funds when a member's check is being deposited or cashed and also a percent will be made available immediately for withdrawal that does not exceed the daily maximum dollar amount.
- Retrieve limit holds on in-store debit card transactions, for instance, a maximum cash back limit of $20 with a purchase at a convenience market.
- Drop account holds that automatically expire on a cardholder's account or debit or in-house credit card when the expiration time has been met, rendering the held funds available again to the member.
- Delete account holds on a cardholder's account and/or debit or in-house credit card through maintenance when account holds are no longer applicable.
- Remove limit holds set on a cardholder's account and/or debit or in-house credit card when a cardholder's purchasing needs exceed the limit and interfere with the member's purchasing experience.