- The world of payments is shifting to digital, low-touch interactions. CO-OP is introducing Digital Card Issuance (DCI) as an API to enable credit unions to instantly issue or reissue a debit/credit card digitally on-demand before the member receives the physical card in the mail. You will have the flexibility to create the member experience you desire.
The following endpoints are consumable with this API:
- /connex/dci-cvv.get: Obtains a CVV and Expiration Date for the requested card on the Connex platform. This API requires using the Encryption API as a pre-requisite. Refer to the Technical Notes.
- /omaha/dci-cvv.get: Obtains a CVV and Expiration Date for the requested card on the Omaha platform. This API requires using the Encryption API as a pre-requisite. Refer to the Technical Notes.
Both dci-cvv.get API endpoints above perform the following:
- Logs the digital issuance event as a memo on the account that can be viewed from CO-OP’s card management consoles.
- Logs the card issuance event to CO-OP’s reporting tables
- Enables CO-OP’s fraud rules for each digital card issuance event.
Here are the recommended workflows for both platforms (Omaha & Connex) describing sample scenarios and APIs for Full-Service Credit (FSC), In-House Credit (IHC), and Debit:
Use Case Examples:
- Issue New Cards digitally via the mobile banking app when a new credit union member is signing up for an account and orders new cards or when an existing member orders additional cards for their account.
- Report Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards via the mobile banking app to have a new card issued in one session. Keep in mind, a member will still need to call in and speak with a member-servicing staff representative to report any fraudulent activities.
- Re-Issue a card digitally to assist a member getting early access to their new reissued card details, which could remediate any breaks in usage caused by natural re-issue.