Allow your members to self-report lost or stolen cards in online and mobile channels to speed up the reporting process and slow down potential fraud. Use this API to report an account or presentation instrument as lost or stolen and view the submitted report. This API also adds accounts to the industry's warning bulletin once the card is reported stolen.
The “Warning Bulletin” is the industry notification method for an Issuer to convey to Visa® and Mastercard® that a card status has changed for a specific card, so that card’s transactions may start being declined or decisions may be made in some cases where the processor is offline. After being reported stolen, accounts may be added or removed from the industry warning bulletins for Mastercard® and Visa®. Account queries can also be performed for information published on these industry warning bulletins for Mastercard® and Visa®.
The following endpoints are consumable with this API:
- /omaha/lost-stolen-account: Report an account as lost or stolen. Use this endpoint if all cardholders share the same card number.
- /omaha/lost-stolen-presentation-instrument: Report a card as lost or stolen. Use this endpoint if each cardholder has a unique card number.
- /omaha/lost-stolen-report.get: View a lost or stolen account or card report.
- /omaha/lost-stolen-add-to-warning-bulletin: Add an account to the industry-warning bulletin. -
- /omaha/lost-stolen-warning-bulletin-remove: Remove accounts from the industry warning bulletin information. Use this API to remove accounts added to the warning bulletin list in error.
- /omaha/lost-stolen-get-warning-bulletin-info.get: Retrieve account information from the industry warning bulletin information. Please contact CO-OP's Support team for the proper test data in order to fully enable this endpoint in PROD. - COMING SOON
NOTE: For Connex platform debit clients, the Lost Stolen API functionality can be accomplished by executing the following endpoints:
Use Case Examples:
- Give your member the ability to immediately report their account or card as lost or stolen.
- View a lost or stolen report and make changes in a back-office application.
- Add or Remove an account to the industry-warning bulletin for either Mastercard® or Visa® accounts.
- Query cycle-to-date data for a Mastercard® or Visa® account on the warning bulletin files that has not been through nightly processing.