Credit Account Memos have a maximum of 999 memos and display in descending order on an account. Each memo has a 63 character maximum in length.
- To add longer memos, split at 63 characters and start a new memo.
- Memos display in reverse order so add final line first, followed by the second-to-final, etc.
- Example: 003 First line of the memo. 002 Second to final line of the memo. 001 Final line of the memo.
- Enter the ! or * symbol in the first position of each memo line to prevent the System from automatically deleting a memo and also gives a memo special meaning. No other characters hold special meaning.
- Memos with the ! symbol in the first position of each line display before all other memos.
- ! = Priority. Memo note appears at top of list of memos.
- * = Permanent. Memo retained indefinitely.
- PCF settings determine memo retention.
This Get Memos API can return a maximum of 100 records per transaction.
This API obtains up to 40 notes for the requested cardholder’s account.