Give members quick, easy options for changing and managing their personal identification number (PIN). By accelerating processes for PIN change – a critical cardholder moment – your credit union promotes activation, personalization, and security, which ultimately boosts usage. Integrate PIN related functions into member-facing interfaces such as IVRs or mobile and online banking apps.
API usage requirements include:
- Separate PIN API usage agreement.
- HSM (Hardware Security Module) sponsored by the client or third-party vendor is required for the Omaha platform.
- HSM (Hardware Security Module) sponsored by the client or third-party vendor may be required when using the “PIN Offset Change” endpoint on the Connex platform.
- On the Connex platform, PIN Validation is performed using the Authorization Process file (not the track of the card).
- The PIN calc needs to be configured on the switch side prior to using and testing both the PIN Change and PIN Offset API endpoints.
The following endpoints are consumable with this API:
- /omaha/emv-pin-change: Change a PIN for an EMV chip card on the Omaha platform.
- /omaha/pin-mailer: Request that the primary cardholder receives a PIN mailer.
- /omaha/pin-offset: Update the PIN offset for a cardholder’s account on the Omaha platform. COMING SOON
- /connex/pin-change: Change a PIN for a card on the Connex platform. This API requires using the Encryption API as a pre-requisite. Refer to the Technical Notes.
- /connex/pin-offset-change: Change the PIN offset of a debit card on the Connex platform.
- /connex/pin-validate: Verifies the submitted PIN matches the PIN on record for the specified Card. This API requires using the Encryption API as a pre-requisite. Refer to the Technical Notes.
Use Case Examples:
- Make it easy for your members to manage their PIN through their credit union online or mobile banking applications.
- Send a PIN mailer to a cardholder’s mailing address that the member receives their credit card’s new PIN.
- Integrate PIN management functions into a credit union IVR for simplified member support.
- Establish a member selected PIN during instant issuance of a debit or credit card.
- Perform a PIN change for a debit or credit card for the cardholder’s security.
- Use PIN for member validation.
- Performs a PIN Verification via a digital channel to check whether or not the entry matches the assigned PIN.