Give members quick, easy options for changing and managing their personal identification number (PIN). By accelerating processes for PIN change – a critical cardholder moment – your credit union promotes activation, personalization, and security. Which ultimately boosts usage. Integrate PIN related functions into member-facing interfaces such as IVRs or mobile and online banking apps. API usage requirements include:
- Separate PIN API usage agreement.
- HSM (Hardware Security Module) sponsored by client or third party vendor is required for the Omaha platform.
- HSM (Hardware Security Module) sponsored by client or third party vendor is required for ++PIN offset change++ for the Connex platform. Not required for ++PIN change in the clear++ using encryption services.
- On the Connex platform, PIN Validation is performed using the Authorization Process file (not the track of the card).
The following endpoints are consumable with this API:
- /connex/pin-offset-change: Change the PIN offset of a card account on the Connex platform.
- /connex/pin-change: Change a PIN for a card on the Connex platform.
- /connex/pin-change/wrap-key.get: The 256-bit key used to encrypt the symmetric PIN value and return a wrapped version used for PIN Change on the Connex platform.
- /omaha/emv-pin-change: Change a PIN for an EMV chip card on the Omaha platform.
Use Case Examples:
- Make it easy for your members to manage their PIN through their credit union online or mobile banking applications.
- Integrate PIN management functions into a credit union IVR for simplified member support.
- Establish a member selected PIN during instant issuance of a debit or credit card.